sorry if i wasn't very clear. basically, i got my tiddlywiki from npm and
followed the instructions on github on how to install. when i need help,
for example, on how to create a contents page, i would google something
like 'tiddlywiki add contents page' (i always find search engines superior
to a locally implemented search function). this returns a static version of
a tiddlywiki, which is nearly what i am after. the links within these
static tiddlers resolve to other tiddlers. this is the reason i believe the
static site comes up in google searches more easily. unfortunately, you are
then lacking the sidebar with the home button and contents etc.

whenever i learn anything it is nice to be able to browse a site and click
to go back to where i was, or navigate easily. i find it simpler to absorb
information in sites that have implemented mediawiki (such as wikipedia and
the arch linux wiki https://wiki.archlinux.org). my complaint with
tiddlywiki is that it is hard to navigate and keep track of where you are
and what you are doing. this is why i find absorbing information from a
tiddlywiki more difficult. i would prefer the tiddlywiki information to be
presented like it would be in mediawiki. even better, i would hope for
tiddlywiki to appear and work more like mediawiki from the perspective of a
content consumer. however mediawiki is too complicated for my needs and the
setup takes a long time. in this sense, i find tiddlywiki superior as it is
simpler and easier to understand and implement. my only problem is with how
the resulting tiddlywiki is presented and the drawbacks which come from not
following a normal url-based website structure.

i hope that makes my situation clearer. thanks again for all your

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3ec25b50-9d02-44d7-a03e-4ef6e536b971%40googlegroups.com.