So I learned something here. I tried to access the plugin library before I
had acknowledged the Starbucks login screen on a browser. This loaded a
system tiddler

$:/temp/ServerConnection/http:*tiddlywiki.com/library/v5.1.13/index.html
<http://tiddlywiki.com/library/v5.1.13/index.html>*
which blocked any further attempts to get to the library.

Deleting the system tiddler was all that was needed.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/53b357c1-7db4-4a34-88a2-00cb24b5f0b0%40googlegroups.com.