I've actually been mulling creating an interface for interacting with git from
tw5. It would make sense, from my point of view, to deal with history and
revisions for individual tiddlers via .tid files, makes a lot of sense,
especially because tw5 is basically single-user.

I'm already working on some scripts to manage my file system, and sync it to a
repository. One of my goals is to, when syncing fails due to .tid files needing
to be merged, it will wrap the .tid files in question in another temporary .tid
file, where you can merge tiddlers from within the web interface, and request a
push.

I do think that relying on an external revision/conflict management system like
git could be a great path forward.

One problem with merging for conflict resolution, as you requested, is what to
do if the tiddlers contain more than just text. Should the. Headers be merged?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/53b0b9f2-69b2-4d4e-91e4-55ae20d7b483%40googlegroups.com.