You guessed correctly on "edges".  I thought I recalled edges being
referred to as edge nodes, but will drop that. :-)

I'll manage with some more manual effort.  I should learn how to script a
little as I imagine it shouldn't be too difficult to find all the edges
with a namespace and update their colour attribute.  Worst case I imagine I
could perform some kind of search and replace on the underlying tiddlers.
 As I write this I am left thinking I need to check and see if edges are
represented by tiddlers.

I'll experiment further - no problem.  I just didn't want to continue
spinning if it were something obviously I was missing.  I must have been
thinking of node types.

Thanks as always.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/34b7f9fb-d629-4ed8-a044-fb56cb22bd90%40googlegroups.com.