The title is kind of like a very special field in TW5. And because it often
contains all sorts of characters, rendering it exactly as it was entered is
pretty important.

Why not just put your reference in the body of the tiddler? Perhaps
describe your use-case.

Good luck --
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3e5a9224-3256-4e1f-8867-d21ac74e835d%40googlegroups.com.