Tobias,

Thank you very much for the pointers and changes to the example. I ran your
modified code this morning (in the UTC - 7 time zone), and it produced the
following result:

6th January 2017 at 8:09am

Make Tiddler with mydatefield=201701060809

*Tiddlers with sameday in mydatefield as 20170106*

*Tiddlers with sameday in mydatefield as 20170106*

*Tiddlers with sameday in mydatefield as 20170107*
Tiddler made now <http://tiddlywiki.com/#Tiddler%20made%20now>
201701060809
201701060109

Thus the tiddler created on 2016-Jan-06 (both here and in London) is still
being filtered by sameday with a mydatefield matching 2016-Jan-07.  Thus I
believe there is a bug in sameday.

Perhaps I should try to skin this problem a different way. I understand the
following is contrary to your point #5, but I can create a javascript macro
<<nowlocal ...>> that produces a string with the local date and time. I can
use a regexp:mydatefield operator to filter for the tiddlers I want to
retrieve, but I'm unsure of how to get the regular expression parameter
with an initial anchor (^) followed by the contents of yet another tiddler
field into a variable that is fully rendered before it gets used in the
filter.  In case it is helpful, I'll explain the context, although I don't
think this is critical to the solution.

I include macros in my journal tiddlers that list tasks scheduled for that
day as well as work done on that day. To help with this, each journal
tiddler has a field named date-journal in the format YYYY0MM0DD matching
the date that the tiddler journals. The work tiddlers include two fields,
datetime-start and datetime-stop in the format YYYY0MM0DD0hh0mm0ss that are
populated by button presses when work is started and stopped, respectively.
(These fields are used to calculate elapsed time for the work.)  Within
each journal tiddler I would like to list the work tiddlers with
datetime-start fields that begin with the 8 digit date corresponding to
date-journal.

Could you kindly suggest how to construct "^{{!!date-journal}}" in such a
way that the transclusion occurs before using this string in a filter that
includes "tag[Work]regexp:datetime-start[^{{!!date-journal}}]"?  I've
sometimes succeeded in creating helper macros, but am stumbling on this one.

Thanks for reading. By the way, I make use of your :let SUM filter to total
hours in my work and task tiddlers. Thanks for that contribution of yours
as well.

Cheers,
Kevin

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/abc1f84e-766e-4485-a308-21cc00b04f35%40googlegroups.com.