I must confess I wasn't very systematic.

I started with Google search terms like "tiddlywiki filter" and "tiddlywiki
filter syntax" and followed likely looking leads. I have a technical
background and have made superficial use of a number of programming and
markup languages but my knowledge is very out of date so the locations I
found most useful were the ones with example markup. I wouldn't necessarily
understand the syntax but I would take it as an example and make small
incremental changes towards my goals, While the changes worked I kept going
forward, when they didn't I backed off and re-grouped.

The best locations I recall were this forum (it seemed to work very well -
and it did for me) and tiddlywiki's
own
http://tiddlywiki.com/static/Introduction%2520to%2520filter%2520notation.html.

Tobias, I see, has posted a link to Filter Parameter
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Ftiddlywiki.com%2F%23Filter%2520Parameter&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNH1A3OP1Bwl07xxQvcOSKMNLg3GNw>.

I saw that when I was searching that but didn't "get it" at the time. In
hindsight and with this solution it now makes perfect sense (of course). I
think my personal challenge is getting used to that style of documentation.

Jeremy.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/605d76cd-505c-4cbd-a92f-37b4ba53310e%40googlegroups.com.