Hi Rich,
this happens if tw cannot recognise the last part of the filename as
'.json'. I can reproduce this behavior by appending a space to the file
extension ie '.json '. So I would try renaming your json files. Note that
if you import one of these (non-working) files then click on the edit
button in tiddlywiki, you can position the curser at the end of the tiddler
name to see if there is a blank space added to the file name.

All the best
BJ

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9264f266-267e-4ca6-bc83-63eae9d70864%40googlegroups.com.