On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 1:38:10 AM UTC+1, PJO wrote:

> Apologies, I completely missed your post with the downloadable attachment
> and was responding to a different post. I've now tried it out. First, let
> me say *thanks*!

ah, ok. You are welcome.

> I was initially slightly baffled. Instead of
>
> URL date
>
> You've made
>
> tiddlername comment journalbutton url

right.

> Ok, so I created tiddlers and added fields with urls and then clicked on
> the links for the urls. The web page opened, the journal was updated, but
> no timestamp was recorded. Then I tried adding a comment and the timestamp
> was recorded ok. Am I right in thinking that a one step action isn't
> possible?

At the moment 2 clicks are needed. Tobias opened a github issue
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/2711>, which is discussed
currently. Basically there are 2 possibilities. ...

a) We can intercept the "external link" click, which needs new core
functionality
b) We can add a new "button message", which also needs new core
functionality.

So the 1-click action is discussed, but not available yet. I personally
prefer b). I think it would be easier to implement. I'll have a closer
look. Tobias seems to prefer a). So we'll see :)

> Because, well, I don't need to record comments every time I visit a web
> site! Apart from that it seems very workable and it certainly does what I
> need. Yes, the last table looks great.

Yea. That's why it defaults to "--". It would be possible to customize the
default text with a feld eg: default-comment. ... But at the moment "--" is
hard-coded.

> Now that I can see it working it crosses my mind that it might be nice to
> have a "days since" column as well as or instead of the date, but I could
> live without it.

That should be possible, since the core already has that functionality. So
we just need to experiment a bit.

> This would be handy for things one looks at without any schedule -- just
> using intuition -- where the actual date doesn't matter that much.

That's right. .... Scheduled lists can be created using different tags. eg:
checkMonday, checkTuesday, .... and create different lists / tables. ...

> Bravo and thanks again! I'll be happy to try any further iteration. This
> is something I have wanted FOREVER so I'm really very pleased.

Good! As you can see, you raised a problem, that is interesting and seems
to be useful for the core. There is no immediate solution, but there may be
one :)

have fun!
mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c366508b-0112-4bf0-bd30-3d79f708337d%40googlegroups.com.