Mission: Take out the text from a tiddler and split after a specified
string. This works fine:

{{{ [[sometiddler]get[text]splitbefore[tidtitle]] }}}

...but what to do if the tidtitle is instead [[tid title]], i.e surrounded
by brackets? How *escape *the brackets *in operator arguments* so they
don't interfere with the filter?

Merely introducing "*\" *as escape character does not work, i.e:

{{{ [[sometiddler]get[text]splitbefore[\[\[tid title\]\]]] }}}

Note, it seems mainly to be the *closing *double brackets of the link that
cause problems. The following works but feels kinda hacky:

{{{ [[sometiddler]get[text]splitbefore[*[[tid title*]] }}}

I realize it is solvable with some external macro - i.e first testing the
argument to see if it has brackets, then shave it, then return it - but I'm
hoping there is a more ready made solution given the *general* need of
escaping characters in filter operands.

Thanks!

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/18d915b4-d383-4b1f-ba2c-7e81535da15e%40googlegroups.com.