It seems to me that genealogical trees should be doable in TW.

I should emphasise I don't have the programming skill to actually do it.

*But I thought others might find it an interesting delimited challenge.*

WHY am I interested? Because I am an anthropologist. And anthropologists
know lots about kinship systems. And TW could serve as an elegant,
minimalist way to record and document kinship relationships, I believe.

Kinship diagrams are in one way very easy. They are simply branching
hierarchies of "DESCENT". BUT also central to them is the role of
"AFFINITY" (marriage).

So what you have is a FUSION of DESCENT lines through MARRIAGE. So its
never ONE descent line.

This is why Mat's interesting recent experiment using forking lists (<li>)
and smart CSS hits a limit. It can't cope with the  arbitrary crossing in
of affines (relatives by marriage) who create ADDITIONAL HIERARCHIES.

I'm sure there could be a way to do this in TW without having to resort to
overly complex solutions. The logic in genealogical trees is not infinitely
complex.

If anyone is interested I can layout a formal procedure for constructing
them anthropologists use.

Technical note: Western style genealogical trees are generally presented
TOP DOWN from ancestors. Anthropologist work from "EGO", i.e. a specific
person and depict the relationships UP & DOWN from there. The final
diagrams are IDENTICAL, but the mode of construction is different. Its
perhaps worth noting that construction from "EGO" gives a very clear
procedure because its always determinate.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3ca52fef-7e92-41a3-b163-54cf0f6e498e%40googlegroups.com.