*At the moment it's not possible to insert tiddlers from other devices into
the filesystem, without restarting the server. .. There is no code in the
server that watches the directory, reloads the server and notifies the
clients.*

I am able to insert tiddlers without restarting the server by injecting
javascripts in a Chrome extension.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CABN7pv3F2kLMpDnZ0wnWD%2B%3DdRthKF%3DcbL99NN7B2eJb1TpWGsg%40mail.gmail.com.