Thank you Jed,

It sounds like you may have a few things mixed up. Agreed, more than a few
> things.
>
> JSON is a way to represent data and is in no way specific to tiddlywiki. I
> believe that what you are referring to as JSON is the node version of
> tiddlywiki.

Not sure... I wanted to merge several disparate TW5 files, thinking that I
would have a lot of cleanup regarding tags, duplicate tiddler names, etc. I
liked the description of Eric Shulman's TiddlyTools ImportTiddlersPlugin -
but I can't figure out how to load any of his great sounding stuff (I just
keep reloading the page that talks about the plugin)

Then I started with another idea that starts by loading Node.js (which is
distinct from TiddlyWiki5 and may or may not be JSON) - getting surprising
results - because I can see my TW5 file in a loopback server at
127.0.0.1:8080 - and it creates a bunch of .TID files in a folder.

> Are the pre-5.1.13 wiki single file html files? In what way will they not
> load? Would they load before?

So my TW5 files are HTML files. If I create a new TW5.HTML - it does the
above, splitting up into .TID files and displaying in the loopback server
(as long as Terminal is going, until I type Control-C in Terminal)

But this only works for new HTML files created under 5.1.13 - all my
"regular TW5.HTML files are older, or "polluted" by plugins that I was
experimenting with (I can't figure out which) - too many variables makes it
hard for me to know why they aren't accepted. One thing I found is that the
"--password <arg>" can't accept some special characters.

> I think that what you want to do is to split up all of your existing singe
> file tiddlywikis into .tid files and then share these files between
> separate wikis when running under nodejs, but that isn't very clear from
> what you are saying.

I am showing my soft underbelly - I think what you are suggesting here
sounds like it would be a good way to access information from numerous
growing TW5 HTML files, and allow me to be able to work with them using my
IPhone too.

Do you think I am going in the right direction?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9a593d2b-3af6-4b76-9c8f-586baee4935d%40googlegroups.com.