I am no good at programming either.

But I do grasp the issues....

1 - GEDCOM is about standardising data. The person to communicate with is
David Szego ... see this *recent thread*
<https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en-GB#!profile/tiddlywiki/APn2wQdojF4Y5_9uFIlxf4q5Klm_pM5jjuMYelfib9She6HRvDB7OheGlawDok0IA5PpHJYb84E5/tiddlywiki/OfkmjqE_5jQ/CZMZLxnAAAAJ>of

his huge amount of work tracking his own history & creating a genealogical
data structure in TW.

2 - The VISUAL representation of genealogical trees in TW will likely
require a Javascript library. I really don't think the JS library behind
TiddlyMap would work well. I tried and failed. It does not deal with that
kinda hierarchy well. Genealogical trees are very simple. But so far nobody
in the TW world has figured out how to do them easily.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c5630a67-01fb-451e-b1b0-8d9a2d5aff63%40googlegroups.com.