On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 9:42:20 AM UTC-7, Vayu Asura wrote:

> I have this defined
> \define failed(tiddler:<<CurrentTiddler>> value:"Failed")
> <$radio tiddler=$tiddler$ field="Status" value=$value$> $value$ </$radio>
> \end
>  when I try to call
> |[[System Usage]]|<<failed tiddler: "System Usage">>|<<passed tiddler:
> "System
> Usage" >>|
> to modify "System Usage" tiddler it modifies "System" tiddler instead.

Macro parameters work by substitution.  When the macro is invoked, all
parameter references within the macro (e.g., $variablename$) are
automatically replaced by their passed in values.  Thus, when you invoke
<<failed tiddler:"System Usage">>
this line of the macro
<$radio tiddler=$tiddler$ field="Status" value=$value$> $value$ </$radio>
results in the following syntax
<$radio tiddler=System Usage field="Status" value=failed> $value$ </$radio>

The problem is that there aren't any quotes around the 'tiddler' param in
the <$radio> widget, so the space in the value appears to be a delimeter,
making "Usage" into a separate param which lacks the "name=" syntax, and is
thus ignored.  The result is as you noted: the tiddler title being applied
ends with the first space, and the remainder of the title is ignored.

To correct this, simply add some quotes surrounding the params in the
<$radio> widget, like this:
<$radio tiddler="$tiddler$" field="Status" value="$value$"> $value$
</$radio>
which results in the following syntax being generated by the macro:
<$radio tiddler="System Usage" field="Status" value="failed"> failed
</$radio>

That should do it.  Let me know how it goes.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools.com - "Small Tools for Big Ideas!" (tm)
InsideTiddlyWiki: The Missing Manuals

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/2185f34e-b463-4c01-bc80-55bf27893855%40googlegroups.com.