On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 8:53:42 AM UTC-7, David Allen wrote:

> The problem I'm having with that (as well as the built-in splitbefore) is
> in both instances, if the text contains any spaces, the block of text I
> wanted isolated is surrounded in double square brackets, which I do not
> want.  How would I fix this?

You can use the <$wikify> widget to "render" the filter results.  Assuming
the filter results are in "somevar":

<$wikify name="somevar" text=<<somevar>>>
   ... your code here ...
</$wikify>

By default <$wikify> parses the content as wikitext and renders as plain
text, so as long as the content doesn't have any wiki syntax (other than
the enclosing double square brackets), the above code will just remove the
brackets around the link text, without any other effects.

Note also how I've used the *same variable name* as both the source (text)
and target (name) for the $wikify.  This is just for convenience so you
don't have to change any of your code within the <$wikify>...</$wikify>
block.  You can, of course, use a different target name so that the
original bracketed value can still be available, if appropriate to your
use-case.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools: "Small Tools for Big Ideas" (tm)
InsideTiddlyWiki: The Missing Manuals

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b4e532af-4b60-4036-b977-17eb4e549155%40googlegroups.com.