Ciao all,

Thanks for your helpful & fun (Mark S.) comments ... My response ...

*Why save Rendered HTML to file if you can save it to a Tiddler?* --- I
think that's a pretty fine question by me :-).

There are real efficiency benefits in capturing rendered HTML directly to a
Tiddler ...

(1) Most importantly, easy organisation of Fred's reports within his
TiddlyWiki: *HugeLeeks*;

(2) Fred is using TW list filters to compose *Fred's Leeks Monthly*, before
passing it to Gmail. Often he wants to make some manual changes to the text
he sees on screen first. *He can't do that in a dynamic Tiddler, he needs a
Rendered version to be able to edit anything. *

[BTW: Fred, was very surprised to see, when he first used a list filter and
opened it and it read "<$list This bit is made by another bit>" rather than
"*My greatest Leek was ...*" that showed on-screen.]

(3) Fred needs to edit Old Reports on occasion--as the standards required
by the The Leek Examination Board change the rules (again).

(4) Dragging an html into #TiddlyWiki is a kind of solution (one I use
already) BUT to integrate it back, if its an export, you have to do quite a
lot of editing to reduce to ONLY the section needed by a standard tiddler
type.

Best wishes
Josiah

Mark S. wrote:

> Apparently his report was leeked.

LOL!

If he had exported the report as a static file, he'd have a copy on his
hard drive. If he wanted it saved as a tiddler, he could drag and drop the
report back into his TW, give it a new name (e.g. 2017-05 Leek Report) and
tag it as "Report". Takes only a couple seconds.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1dcddf28-a43b-4036-a477-f5651df63fdb%40googlegroups.com.