Hello Stephen,

I'm excited with the idea of NoteSelf being used for academic purposes.

What you said makes sense. I'll remove the export functionality as soon as
I could.
Meanwhile, you can try the following:

   1. Save a tw5 empty edition (or with the plugins of your choice) to
   tiddlyspot
   2. Download the standalone edition of NoteSelf form
   https://noteself.github.io
   3. Add the following plugins to the wiki hosted on tiddlyspot from the
   downloadable edition of NoteSelf: tiddlypouch and pouchdb. Or just drop the
   entire empty.html file
   4. Save and cross fingers to see if it works. It may not work because
   the mentioned plugins requires the wiki to be saved twice, and because of
   the bug I have mentioned maybe you will be able to save it only once.
   (see https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/2159)

Check it out and let me know how it goes.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ea63f0a8-0457-4568-9919-33d2c9a0598d%40googlegroups.com.