You mentioned sorting the list of dates. The problem with sorting dates is
in the formatting. A date in the MM/DD/YY format won't sort properly but
one in the YY/0MM/0DD format will. The zero's [0] are necessary so that the
date right after July 1, 2017 is July 2, 2017 and not July 10, 2017. In
first format this would be 7/1/17, 7/2/17 and 7/10/17 which would sort
7/1/17, 7/10/17, 7/2/17. In YY/0MM/0DD format this becomes 17/07/01,
17/07/02 and 17/07/10.

Changing the line building darray2 to create entries in that format should
eliminate the need to click the buttons in order.

The barray preserves the history of whether you did the task each of the
last 10 days and the routine creates the dates that go with each of those
days. A bigger barray would preserve the data going further back. As we
create a darray2, we could skip the days when the task wasn't done and the
resulting array would be just your datestamps in order. Assuming we don't
try to preserve this data back thousands of days, it should be very quick.
Of course, you would want to limit the entries you display to the last ten
or so since a screen full of hundreds of red and yellow squares might not
be that useful. But a month's worth, especially if it is arranged in
calendar format, might be useful.

Let's push this one step further. After you've used the tool for several
months, you could have a list of dates that is hundreds of entries long.
Now what do you do with it? I can see looking at the record for a longer
time frame than ten days. The question "How well did I do with this task
over the last month?" seems valid and possibly useful.I can also see value
to preserving the data for some future date when you will think up some
future use for it. Or perhaps a graph of how well I did of doing my daily
task over the last several weeks, months, whatever. The data we store and
how we store it will vary depending on what we want to do with it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c574c579-622f-401a-b309-cd7a7b0e3231%40googlegroups.com.