Hi,
I'm relatively new to tiddlywiki, but I find it extremely useful and have
moved my research notes to TW.

There is one thing that would make my life much easier: I would like to
define global LaTeX macros, say \elasticity to correspond to \varepsilon,
so that every time I use it in a formula, it would get replace before KaTeX
displays it. Looking at the forums, I see that other people have had a
similar question, but no solution yet. Since it seems that TW has a
built-in macro support, it should not be that difficult to extend it just a
bit. A simple text substitution (whenever I write TW replace it with
tiddlywiki) should do the trick.

Just to clarify the importance: in research it is often very useful to use
macros for variable names, because if the notation changes in the later
stages, there is no need to go through everything and change say
\varepsilon to e. It would be also useful to define macros as shortcuts, of
course.
Best regards,
Tom

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/88e2879d-c01e-4658-acf6-67d0a22b51b2%40googlegroups.com.