Hello JWHoneycutt,

El viernes, 14 de julio de 2017, 20:35:04 (UTC+2), JWHoneycutt escribió:

> How far I've gotten:
>
>    - 1) Created a Cloudant account: https://jwhoneycutt.cloudant.com
>       - 1A) In Cloudant -> Account -> CORS: Enabled CORS and restricted
>       to specific domain: https://noteself.github.io
>    - 2) Open https://noteself.github.io/ in Google Chrome (for some
>    reason people keep saying to start TW5's in Google Chrome and use them in
>     FireFox
>    <#1fbbd287-77e4-4def-ad8a-792938eb6e7a@googlegroups.com_FireFox>)
>    - 2A) In the GettingStarted
>    <#1fbbd287-77e4-4def-ad8a-792938eb6e7a@googlegroups.com_GettingStarted>
>     tiddler I change the following entries:
>
> Notebook Name: JWH_NoteSelf
>
> CouchDB <#1fbbd287-77e4-4def-ad8a-792938eb6e7a@googlegroups.com_CouchDB>
>
> Remote database name: JWH_NoteSelf
>
> Page title: JWH_NoteSelf
>

>    - 3) I click on Save Config button - and a popup appears: "
>    noteself.github.io says: Configuration has been changed and saved. It
>    is necessary to reload the window. Are you OK with it?" -> I click OK
>    - 4) A "Loading" paints green from left to right for a few seconds,
>    and the red circlecheck icon turns gray. It is next to a new button on the
>    sideBar labelled OFFLINE (In the silent video this converts to a
> cloudcheck
>    icon)

Until this point, all your steps were correct. If you see the offline
button it means that you don't have a cookie on the browser, so you have to
activelly login. Click on it and provide your credentials, the cloud icon
should appear.

>    - 5) I save a new tiddler as a test and Chrome creates a file
>    "tiddlywiki (5).html" in my downloads folder
>
> I don't understand this step. Do you mean that you create a new tiddler
and then you click on the save button ? The tiddlywiki one ?

>    - 6) I move this file from Downloads folder to Dropbox/TW5 folder and
>    rename it JWH_NoteSelf.html
>    - 7) I drag this newly renamed file to the FireFox
>    <#1fbbd287-77e4-4def-ad8a-792938eb6e7a@googlegroups.com_FireFox> address
>    bar and it fails to load with a big red error box: "Internal JavaScript
>    <#1fbbd287-77e4-4def-ad8a-792938eb6e7a@googlegroups.com_JavaScript> Error,
>    Well, this is embarrassing. It is recommended that you restart
>    TiddlyWiki
>    <#1fbbd287-77e4-4def-ad8a-792938eb6e7a@googlegroups.com_TiddlyWiki> by
>    refreshing your browser -ReferenceError
>    <#1fbbd287-77e4-4def-ad8a-792938eb6e7a@googlegroups.com_ReferenceError>:
>    $TPouch is not defined" - since refreshing the address bar doesn't help -
>    close the tab in FireFox
>    <#1fbbd287-77e4-4def-ad8a-792938eb6e7a@googlegroups.com_FireFox>
>    - 8) I open TiddlyDesktop
>    <#1fbbd287-77e4-4def-ad8a-792938eb6e7a@googlegroups.com_TiddlyDesktop> and
>    "Add a TiddlyWiki
>    <#1fbbd287-77e4-4def-ad8a-792938eb6e7a@googlegroups.com_TiddlyWiki> file":
>    I select Dropbox/TW5/JWH_NoteSelf.html and it doesn't load it, so I close
>    all TW5 files and reload TiddlyDesktop
>    <#1fbbd287-77e4-4def-ad8a-792938eb6e7a@googlegroups.com_TiddlyDesktop>
>    - 9) If (happens half the time) TiddlyWiki
>    <#1fbbd287-77e4-4def-ad8a-792938eb6e7a@googlegroups.com_TiddlyWiki>
> Desktop
>    does load it - when I try to open it - it gives the same "Internal
>    JavaScript
>    <#1fbbd287-77e4-4def-ad8a-792938eb6e7a@googlegroups.com_JavaScript> Error"
>    in a big red box.
>    - 10) Same error if I just try to double click JWH_NoteSelf.html in
>    the dropbox folder (set to default open with FireFox
>    <#1fbbd287-77e4-4def-ad8a-792938eb6e7a@googlegroups.com_FireFox>)
>
> Maybe I violated some JavaScript
> <#1fbbd287-77e4-4def-ad8a-792938eb6e7a@googlegroups.com_JavaScript>
> convention
> when I renamed the file, or moved it?

I don't understand what are you trying to accomplish with those steps. If
you pretend to use NoteSelf hosted somewhere else, I mean, different from
https://noteself.github.io/online that is not the correct way. First, you
should download the offline version, which is ready to work out of
noteshelf domain. Then, on you cloudant account you should enable cors for
any domain, because you are going to serve your file from a different
domain. You see the RSOD because the online version depends on some stuff
that is only available when it is loaded from
https://noteself.github.io/online.

There is a big green button on https://noteself.github.io/ to get the
offline version. Try it out, but with your first 4 steps you have a working
NoteSelf instance "installed" in your browser that will work exactly the
same as the offline version. There is no to little sense to download the
file to your computer

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a97e8f31-c706-4d2e-851b-0cb48c95c5e5%40googlegroups.com.