Hi Folks,

I would be greatful for some guidence on how to Hide or Show Button when
tiddler exists/or not

I have some buttons, defined in macros, which I call and use a parameter
and currentTiddler to name a second tiddler on which I wish to act.

 eg;
\define editsubtiddler(type)
<$button tooltip="Edit content in Separate tiddler">
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-edit-tiddler" $param="$(currentTiddler)$
- $type$"  />
{{$:/core/images/edit-button}}
</$button>
\end

The above is in fact referenced via a tabs template view.

*My Question*
How best can I display the result of such macro ie the button, only if the
tiddler does not yet exist, and in other cases only if the named tiddler
exists?

Idealy this would be inside the abvove macro to keep elsewhere simple.

If I am to use a filter outside the macro I am concerned it will fail given
the variables involved.

Thanks in Advance

*More generaly,*
I am making more progress each day with what still seems an art form of
TiddlyWiki design, rather than a science. I have come to realise my
penchant for reusable code and self referenceis is making it harder for me.
Most examples I find use literal tiddler names etc... in the macro/widget
etc..., when I am always trying to generalise so the macro would work in
any similar tiddler.

I am greatful for the support at this point but will be contributing back
soon.

Regards
Tonym

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a2e4f864-abc7-48b4-b9d1-aeecd5f95069%40googlegroups.com.