On Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 6:31:13 PM UTC-7, TonyM wrote:

> Another thought is the import feature, permitting import of external links
> to selected files, and allow a multi-select, I would have thought the
> browser has to know the full path to do this import?, but I expect I may be
> wrong on that.

When the browser shows the "open files" dialog, it allows you to navigate
your filesystem and select files... but it does not return the full path to
the selected files. Instead, it just returns the "filename.ext" and the
file *contents* for each file selected. This is what allows TW to import
from files, while still not having knowledge about the directory structure
(e.g, path info) for your file system, so it can't be used to "probe" your
computer to look for vulnerabilities.

-e

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e9883cf9-7cac-4843-bcd5-49bca4d0a77c%40googlegroups.com.