Ciao Mark S.

Many thanks. I'll test it out and get back to you...

Mark S. wrote:

> Another version of regexps to play with. This version will pull out all
> matches at once when the global flag is used. So the filter could look like:
>
> "[<currentTiddler>get[text]regexps[(?g)#\w+\b]tolower[]]"
>

> Regular expressions in javascript can return sub-groups for non-global
> expression searches. It might be possible to implement this in regexps, if
> someone can think of a good use-case.

I definitely could use that. Let me go *look at what I'm currently working
on and find a real use case*. Sub-groups allow a lot of things, like (1)
moving bits of the matched string around; (2) discarding bits of it you
don't need; (3) duplicating a sub-group, say as a heading.

Plus. With what you have developed so far *is it possible to return a MATCH
COUNT*? If that were possible I have definite use cases I can lay out.

This is exciting.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/70e104d6-ae5e-4d60-b03f-43ff6fc6bffc%40googlegroups.com.