Okay, trying again after a good night's sleep solved most/all of the
problems. I can access the TiddlyWiki through [home-network-IP]:8080 and
I've setup port forwarding on my router to be able to reach it through
[external-IP]:8080 as well (the Pi already has a fixed home-network-IP
because I needed its connections to be able to survive rebooting from
outside the home). It looks like the problem was mostly that I was pointing
my browser at [home-network-IP]:8080/tdnotes instead.

Guess next step is to setup an autolaunch in the cron-tables so the
TiddlyWiki instance also survives rebooting (instead of having to manually
boot it every time).

Any hint towards running multiple instances, in case I decide to dig in
that direction? (The whole [IP]:8080/folder1 existing concurrently to
[IP]:8080/folder2 thing.)

Thanks a lot for your help,
kodomohimari

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/055ba9d6-e42d-4d06-9d18-bc88aeaff941%40googlegroups.com.