A special use case of the above, for reference:

The following is to distinguish if a field has a *specific *value or *any
other arbitrary* value (ie. that you don't know beforehand).

In this example, it is a field named "myfield" that has either the specific
value foo or an arbitrary value.

<$list filter="[[mytiddler]myfield[foo]]"> value is foo </$list>
<$list filter="[[mytiddler]get[myfield]] -foo"> value is not foo </$list>

(You might want to add checks if the field exists at all etc)

In my real case, I use it as a way to distinguish between if something is a
tag (specific value is tag) or a field (any arbitrary name).

I figure this was worth posting because of the non-symmetry that makes it
less than obvious. If Mark S' PR
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/pull/2968> is accepted then this
would be simpler and symmetrical.

<:-)