I've done some pretty thorough testing on this. Where it stands is this:

After you save to the Apache (or ISS) DAV, you need to reload the wiki
(press browser reload) and you can continue just fine.

*Technical details:*

The TiddlyWiki DAV saver uses an HTTP header called eTag. This is a value
that indicates the state of the "object" (in this case tiddlywiki file)
when it was last received by the browser. When you perform a DAV save
operation (a PUT method),  the file changed and so the eTag value changed
as well. Apache does not set a new eTag value with the PUT operation
because Apache cannot confirm that there was no post processing once the
file was saved so it does not send an updated eTag until you issue another
GET call.

This is documented and proper behavior. A PUT is only supposed to send an
updated eTag in the response if the server knows that the browser version
of the data is the same as the server version. While this can be done with
a GET operation, Apache is unable to confirm this with a PUT since Apache
is not aware of any post-processing that might happen server-side.

I'm still trying to figure out how to force Apache to send an eTag with the
response to the PUT, but I haven't yet figured out how.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f77e11a7-8a98-4b89-aa7b-4d41ae3b8a61%40googlegroups.com.