I am comfortable with "Learning Curve" and See no confusion.

To me its about the Journey, to Get some where, such as mastery of
TiddlyWiki or a new Job.

The Area under the learning curve represents the amount of information you
need to learn and the slope is determined how quickly you have to learn it.
If you are climbing a steep learning curve it is a lot of work, If there
was less to learn over a longer period it would be a walk in the park not a
climb.

So the two factors are the area under the curve (amount of Information) and
the time available.

Sometimes the time available is impacted by the need of Emerson in the
subject, meaning you can not extend the time to complete too far out or you
will always be having to revise. Some projects like tiddlywiki demand a
minimum learning curve "slope" that is quite steep.

If you don't give up in exhaustion, or by falling/rolling back down the
slope you are progressing. Yes the steeper the slope the more knowledge you
are gaining in a given period of time.

Climbing steep slopes archives a lot, has its pleasures like mountain
climbing, is hard work and sometimes dangerous (could be wasted effort).

A Few steps (*appropriate* learning materials) would make it a lot easier.

Just my View of this metaphor.

Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/09f6f456-ae8a-4ef6-8d17-a9960b1c1940%40googlegroups.com.