I was interested in trying TiddlyDesktop again now that it had the External
Attachments Plugin (EAP).

*Installing*:

The only instructions are in the video, which are aimed at mac users. I
unzipped the file and loaded it into a directory reserved for apps without
a regular install.

There is no indication which file you are supposed to run. Nothing that
starts with "tiddlydesktop." which is what you would expect. I guessed that
you invoke it with NW.exe -- Is this right?

After running, not understanding I added a file folder that contains TW
files. Then I realized that this wasn't what was meant, and discovered that
the Remove button doesn't actually work. I think it may be refusing to work
because the folder has no data to provide a title. I eventually used the
advanced option to find the tiddler that represented the folder and then
delete it.

Next I loaded an empty 5.1.15 tw and then used the plugin manager to
download the EAP.  I saved and reloaded the TW. I then dragged an image
into the frame. The entire image flooded the frame rather than offering to
import. The TW was no longer accessible and I was not able to navigate
backwards to the TW. I closed the frame and tried to use the "open" button
back in the desktop manager. It would not open.

So, I closed the entire TiddlyDeskTop app and attempted to restart it. It
wouldn't restart. I used my Windows task manager to find the nw.exe process
and killed it. After that I could restart it.

*Summary*:

* No windows-friendly instructions how to launch
* Removing entrees doesn't always work
* External Attachments Plugin doesn't work
* Dragging in an image will make your TW inaccessible
* App doesn't shut itself down completely on closing requiring manual kill

Thanks!
Mark

TiddlyDesktop 0.0.9
Win 7, 64 home premium