In my very brief look at the code, it appears that it determines mobile
mode by comparing this regex string:

/mobile|tablet|ip(ad|hone|od)|android/i

against whatever your browser returns as it's user agent. You can navigate
to this page:

https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/tryit.asp?filename=tryjsref_nav_useragent

and press the button to see what your browser is exposing as it's user
agent.

I'm wondering if your laptop is a chrome book?

There used to be one or more extensions for Firefox that would let you
return your own custom user agent string. Depending on browser and platform
perhaps those are still available?

Good luck!
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/90323712-7b70-4450-a7fe-bb03ab3391cb%40googlegroups.com.