Iain and Mark,

   1. Firefox Portable Legacy 36_3.6.28 (FPL)  is noticeable faster than
   TiddlyDesktop and does not have any issues with TWC;
   2. FPL may be used portable  (even running from an USB is faster that TW
   Deskop installed locally), and occupies less than half the size;
   3. FPL is able to run some TWC plugins that TiddlyDesktop cannot (e.g.
   LessBackupsPlugin by Simon Baird)
   4. My two TWC TW's are version 2.8.1; upgrading them to 2.9.0 beta 3
   won't do anything;

I tried converting my two large and highly customized Gething Things Done
(mGSD) TW's to TW5 Cardo 1.0. However, I believe Cardo is still in
development. This task would be too much effort for half the gain at this
point in time; maybe in the future.

Alfonso

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/cb0e3af5-ee74-46ef-944a-309b2bd54e74%40googlegroups.com.