Thanks Tony

The use of <pre> </pre> tags does indeed give the desired line layout. It
also allows the use of wikitext formatting such as ''bold'' and
//italics//. However, it does also give a fixed-spacing font which may not
be desired.

Cheers
Andrew Mc

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1a285eb3-4b34-4688-9a3f-b0ce32e02814%40googlegroups.com.