I think it kind of has to evaluate inside the button because it has no way
of knowing if some of that code generates something to display as part of
the button text.

I *think* what you would do is attach the inner button to a state tiddler
and then wrap the inside "executable" code with a nested reveal widget that
doesn't get evaluated until the button is clicked.

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/adc09084-b8a1-4a38-9544-f84634d11267%40googlegroups.com.