Thanks! But it still tells me I must save it before I can save it.....

You may have hit on something -- my TWC is based on an older core version
of TW. When I first began using it I attempted to update it but ran into
compatibility issues with some of its plugins. Perhaps it's time I revisit
trying to update it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/93a7dd05-5a6a-4684-bfce-560f580a7dc9%40googlegroups.com.