I noticed this some time ago and yes it is frustrating because I use the
datepicker daily. I could be wrong, but I have been assuming it is yet
another manifestation of the timezone "feature" that is not enough of a
"bug" to bother (or even be apparent to) TWers who live closer to
Greenwich. (See https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/2061).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a0b667a1-7931-43ae-956f-0d20191f5f20%40googlegroups.com.