I'm attempting to use macros in tiddlyclip

I have a macro *makelink *tagged globally with $:/tags/Macro.

It's contents are:

\define makelink(clip link) [[$clip$|$link$]]

In the body column of the clip rule I have:

\n\n((*@makelink(@text @linkURL)*))

But when I run it, I get:

source: invalid val @text @linkURL

and then

makelinkmarco not found

The @text and @linkURL variables worked by themselves. And the makelink
macro works fine by itself (not called from tiddlyclip). Is there a some
sort of registration that has to happen for the macro to work?

Thanks!
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0f18c2f7-3e13-41d9-b5e1-829183f54349%40googlegroups.com.