I have a Tiddlywiki html file that is ~10.5MB in size, and even after
compression, it's ~3MB in size. It is slow to load from the web if you
don't have a fairly fast connection, and it's only getting slower (this
monster continues to snowball). I've been trying out the npm tiddlywiki
server, and I'm pleased to see tiddlers are broken down into .tid files
(incredibly useful); I think it's really elegant. This got me to thinking
that it might be possible to serve individual tiddlers upon request
(instead of all of them at once), which would greatly reduce load times
over the web. Assuming the npm server doesn't already do this (it's
possible that it might given the different performance feel of the npm
served content compared to the local .html file), what is the best way (if
any) to server individual tiddlers instead of the entire tiddlywiki all at
once? Also, in case it might change your answer (although, I'm not sure how
it would), I think I want to use a reverse-proxy from a more standard
webserver to the npm tiddlywiki server.

This is a different question, but I noticed .tid files I've added manually
aren't served until I've restarted the tiddlywiki server daemon. Is there a
good way to update the daemon without restarting? If there isn't, are there
any problems I need to be concerned with restarting the daemon
automatically whenever the tiddlers folder is modified?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7808358a-3214-4edc-91d6-9dd8792e264c%40googlegroups.com.