Hi folks,

I wanted to open / revive a conversation about using TiddlyWiki to add
functionality to other types of documents, in this case, Wikipedia pages.
In the DesignWriteStudio <http://designwritestudio.com> class, we are
currently working on importing wikipedia tables through google sheets
<http://designwritestudio.com/#Exercise%203.03>, as well as
"tiddlywiki-fying" wikipedia pages by excising and tagging paragraphs, but
that will only get us so far.

I'm interested in being able to take a wikipedia page like the timeline of
Russia interference in the 2016 United States elections
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections>
 and
create tagged tiddlers for each of the, say, 100+ individuals
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections#Glossary_of_relevant_individuals>

and 100+ events.

To that end: I was wondering if anyone has experimented with or mastered
the art of ingesting Wikipedia pages (perhaps using text slicer edition
<https://tiddlywiki.com/editions/text-slicer/> or perhaps using pandoc
<http://pandoc.org/> as an intermediary) into TiddlyWiki?

Along those lines: has there been any movement to create a Tiddlywiki
import/export for pandoc, or to write a custom pandoc filter for wikitext?
Pandoc currently supports "Markdown (including CommonMark and
GitHub-flavored Markdown), reStructuredText, AsciiDoc, Emacs Org-Mode,
Emacs Muse, Textile, txt2tags, MediaWiki markup, DokuWiki markup, TikiWiki
markup, TWiki markup, Vimwiki markup, and ZimWiki markup," but not
tiddlywiki/wikitext.

Thanks!

//steve.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/618b6653-729a-4434-962a-1f959efe0d0f%40googlegroups.com.