> Hi BTC
>
> Please, there is no sorry warranted here. I posted it to the blog for
> public consumption only.  With respect to plug-in I wanted to do more
> tests, debate whether floats should be supported, or other radix etc.
> Secondly it is part of a larger plan. Simon Huber's proposed view-port
> macro
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywikidev/MUHKAUG-0iY/hTdAul3ZBgAJ>
> which Jeremy already merged to DynaView plug-in
> <https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/blob/master/plugins/tiddlywiki/dynaview/dynaview.js>
>
> makes it possible to avail the view-port width and height as data. Combined
> with comparative operators in reveal widget, it can be used to build logic
> like: If view-port is less than this-much-pixel => hide such-and-such
> view-templates, show fewer buttons in editor tool-bar, show fewer tabs in
> sidebar etc. It would make mobile usage a lot easier. I wanted to create a
> demo for the purpose to convince the usefulness of such a system, and
> ensure the backward compatibility. And finally, I got the attention span of
> a teaspoon and got distracted by something shinier. But by all the means,
> the plug-in at its present condition is stable, mainly because I haven't
> made any radical changes to the existing widget, merely extending the
> possibilities. So go ahead and have fun.

Hi Riz, that Simon Huber from the viewport macro is me, I think I'm using
too many aliases - but that's the real name.
I'm using that viewport-logic already in combination with the formula
plugin because there is no core functionality for exactly what you've done
with the reveal widget.
It's an essential modification with many many use-cases, thank you very
much for it!

So go ahead and have fun.

the only thing that'd be fun now is if I may get your code to try smuggling
it into the core - with a PR of course ;)

Simon

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8c73123e-7a7e-4a68-be9f-9f254e753823%40googlegroups.com.