I took a look at $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/xlsx-utils/xlsx.js, and it's beyond
me. But I bet someone with js understanding could figure out how to modify
the xlsx plugin so that TW wrote fields into its new tiddlers using column
numbers (auto incremented) as field names, rather than the contents of row
1 as field names.

It's interesting to here about your setup. Thanks, //steve.