Hi,

I either have a fundamental misunderstanding about tm-* action type action
messages, fieldmangler or triggering actions with a select widget and I'm
hoping that someone can set me straight or point me to an example of their
use together because the example in the default TiddlyWiki is not
illuminating on tm-* actions and "event.param"s. My code snippet:

\define indirect_transclude() <$transclude tiddler='$:/temp/print_proof'
field='template_style'/>

\define style_actions()

<$list filter='[tag[mystyle]]'>
<$fieldmangler>
<@action-sendmessage $message='tm-remove-tag' param='$:/tags/Stylesheet'/>
</$fieldmangler>
</$list>

<$wikify name="indirect" text=<<indirect_transclude>>>
<$fieldmangler tiddler=<<indirect>>>
<@action-sendmessage $message='tm-add-tag' param='$:/tags/Stylesheet'/>
</$fieldmangler></$wikify>

\end

<$select tiddler='$:/temp/print_proof' actions=<<style-actions>>>
<$list filter='[tag[template]]'>
<option value=<<currentTiddler>>><$view field='title'/></option>
</$list>
</$select>

I am trying to make a mailing label sheet generator.

I am using the selectwidget to pick between various templates and have
their tiddler title put into '$:/temp/print_proof' for a subsequent print
proof page to display them. That seems to work fine.

Struggle as I have to have multiple different active @media print {} CSS
rules running for different templates, it seems that you cannot. So I
wanted the SelectWidget to also remove all the '$:/tags/Stylesheet' tags
from 'mystyle' tagged tiddlers that will be paired with the templates (by
putting their title in the template's template_style field) and just adding
that tag to the one template that is selected. That way future templates
could be easily added for different sheet layouts and be paired either with
existing @media print stylesheets that work or a new one.

However, even the first part of the style_actions macro doesn't work to
strip the Stylesheet tags. The $wikify widget was something that I needed
to do for the proof sheet display a tiddler that was indirectly referenced
in the '$:/temp/print_proof' tiddler so I figured that I would need it here
to indirectly reference the stylesheet title in the template field.

Anyone have an idea where my train of thought has derailed?

/Mike

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/362d9d08-80c4-4917-9a2f-4d146983d13e%40googlegroups.com.