Funny - I in fact did that already a while ago.  Made a print button in the
viewer of the tiddler and it calls tm-open-window.  I even built a template
that put the tiddler title on the top of that window.  But it has the same
problem that the generic "open window" command has...equation typesetting
is messed up.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/cbb7c5e2-0200-428e-9ff2-1517f743f1cd%40googlegroups.com.