Jed,

I am really keen to see this working. I think the lack of response on
muilti-user is not because there is no demand but because it has a number
of pre-requisite knowledge to understand, and people have been struggling
with it for some time.

I for one want it very much, only it needs to be lower on my to do list
because of other priorities I have building TiddlyWiki solutions. Of course
a multi-user tiddlywiki that is accessible on the Internet is also a big
need.

Some unstructured thoughts

I feel the default port should be a little more unique as there are an
increasing number of solutions appearing on ports 80 and 8080 out of the
box including many nodeJS solutions such as TiddlyDesktop and TiddlyServer.
eg perhaps 8087

The single executable would be great however could there be some
customisation read from a settings file distributed with it, so It can be
reconfigured with various defaults and even a default TiddlyWiki (not
Empty). I am interested in being able to distribute solutions not only a
tiddlywiki platform. Perhaps the executable could look for index.html and
load that at the root address?

I have looked into portable apps and it can be simple if what you package
is simple. However it is immensely configurable..

If we distributed solutions packaged with an executable it is foreseeable
two executables would be installed, I wonder how these could interact. Or
should solutions always be deployed seperately with your executable
considered a platform?
Could subsequent executable s use the "next Port"?

Good work
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/af0c3e3f-e274-491d-85d6-cfad5c0c4f1c%40googlegroups.com.