@JD

I think the problem is the changing content or too many things changing
there within at the same time and missing handling in my widgets
I'll have to figure out how to handle that, I'm sure there's a lot of
potential to tweak and correct stuff ... I hope I can make them better,
I'll see and report when something changes to the good side
Maybe someone can point me to a solution for refreshing the widget when its
content changes, I'll have to search around how other widgets do it...

I've looked at fab.tiddlyspot.com, have you seen that the editor blocks the
movement of the button?
That's because the iframe somehow eats the pointer events. For this, the
pan widget automatically creates a tiddler $:/state/dragging at pan-start
and deletes it at pan-end

then you can put this in a stylesheet :

<$list filter="[[$:/state/dragging]!is[missing]]">

iframe {
    pointer-events: none;
}

</$list>

..maybe add !important if it doesn't work without

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1c4c3d9d-8c67-420e-81ce-916a8b281c13%40googlegroups.com.