> what does adding
>
>      user-select: text !important;
>
> to the element that should be made swipeable?

This works! I tried it on your swipable sidebar over at MuriTest, thanks!

> Because of the text-select blocking I prefer using the
> top/left/right/bottom unused space of tiddlers for swipe actions
> The blocking of user-select is an important part for hammerjs to work
> better ... I think if it selects the text every time you swipe, you
> wouldn't be happy either

Yeah, I imagined applying the above idea to my mobile workflow, where
text-selection is triggered by long press. But in touch-enabled desktop,
yeah, I can see how text-selection can be disruptive :)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4f1831c9-b368-444c-9ee8-c987b5f6d3b5%40googlegroups.com.