@Thomas,

I did found that page.

But it creates a new tiddler where the title comse from the body of an
other tiddler that u manipulate with the input field.

What I couldn't do with it was create that tiddler based on a template

I tried this (it doesnt work but maybe it explains it beter).

First I have a template tiddler $:/MyNewTiddler with a few custom fields

Then a input field

Project Step: <$edit-text tiddler="$:/MyNewTiddler" tag="input" default=""
> class='tc-edit-texteditor' placeholder=Project step' name'/>

That puts the custom text in the body of that tiddler
Then a button

<$button>
> <$action-createtiddler param="$:/MyNewTiddler"
> $basetitle={{$:/MyNewTiddler} tags="projectA" text="Description of
> materials"/>
> Add
> </$button>

I know this part is wrong param="$:/MyNewTiddler but I don't know why.

@Tony

I'm sorry but for me there is still confusion between state, shadow and
systemtiddlers.
But that is something I need to find out

100% correct with the

On a side note I would like a clone here button in addition to new here
> which lets you edit the title and nominate the tiddler to clone.

that is the basis of what I am hoping to do.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f301efd7-fa5d-4a34-a0fa-9513caaf7146%40googlegroups.com.