> Hi Simon, Jan,
>
> Just for background on the design of the Cecily prototype, the motivation
> for the ability to move and resize tiddlers was so that the creator of a
> map can use the size and position of tiddlers to convey their
> relationships. For example, a bunch of similarly sized items all lined up
> invites the user to infer that they are related. Or, one item much larger
> than the others implies that it is the most important.
>
> The zooming behaviour is needed so that tiddlers of very different sizes
> can be readable. Otherwise the range of practical tiddler sizes would be
> constrained by the readability of the font size.

Thanks for explaining Jeremy!

As I understand the idea is basically something like a "tiddler-cloud"
where one or more are the parents and the children are smaller in size and
one can zoom into the children and out from the children to their parents

Such a "cloud" could be made with the tools the hammerwidgets provide -
tiddlers can be positioned relative to other tiddlers

The missing part is a tm-navigate message that accepts a zoom attribute
that scales the viewport by a value saved in a tiddler-field or a related
tiddler

Simon

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3cf4c12b-2a1b-4371-b3ba-ef7b8553c87f%40googlegroups.com.