Hello community,

I've discovered how one can add some background blur to transparent
elements and want to share the how-to.

It's a CSS feature that's not yet available in all browsers and even in the
latest stable versions it must be enabled - it's still considered
experimental

On this page the sidebar has background-blur:
http://btc.twtemplate.tiddlyspot.com - you'll see it if you enable it or if
your browser already supports it. I think firefox has no support at all
yet, not sure

To enable it on google chrome, chromium or TD:

   - open the chrome://flags by typing "chrome://flags" in the address bar
   and hitting enter or on TiddlyDesktop open the backstage window, go to
   settings and look for the chrome flags button
   - alternativelly, if you're using an older TD you can open the console
   by hitting F12 and typing (in the console at the bottom)
   this.document.location = "chrome://flags" , then hit enter
   - look for the "Experimental Web Platform features" and enable them
   - restart the browser
   - now you can use "backdrop-filter: blur(10px);" in a Stylesheet tiddler

See here: https://developer.mozilla.org/de/docs/Web/CSS/backdrop-filter

On webkit browsers like safari use "-webkit-backdrop-filter: blur(10px);" -
if I understand it right, it should be available from safari version 9.0 on

Firefox: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/fc800a10-8f6d-4f04-9b57-895941874114%40googlegroups.com.