On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 1:48:36 AM UTC+2, TonyM wrote:

> *So the bug that needs fixing is to remove the unwanted space from the end
> of the New Journal Tiddler name.*
>

>    - The extra space is not found in $:/config/NewJournal/Text
>    - It occurs in New Journal and New Journal Here
>    - The fault is in the buttons
>       - $:/core/ui/Buttons/new-journal
>       - $:/core/ui/Buttons/new-journal-here
>
> Edit both buttons and look for the line
>
> <$action-sendmessage $message="tm-new-tiddler" title=<<now
> """$(journalTitleTemplate)$
> """>>

Nope! ... It will introduce a new bug. ... as I replied at the github
issue. ... _and_ It won't fix the "new-text" for journal issue, because
that's a different problem.

Do not remove the space! It will break your new-journal-button, if the
title template in the ControlPanel contains a double-quote at the end. eg:
test"

-mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/dc34a310-9e0f-44da-a8f3-37f9160aefd1%40googlegroups.com.