Hi everyone

Something I am experimenting with is this:
http://giffmex.org/noteslam/nt3/james.html.

It may look like a regular tiddler but if you edit the tiddler you will see
it is actually a toc macro. I am using <$transclude field="caption"
mode="inline"/> instead of the view macro for the title to display each
line of the toc. That way I can 1) format text in the toc itself with bold,
italic, colors, etc as I wish, and 2) use the title fields for ordering the
items out of alphabetical order without using a list field somewhere.

My working area for this is the tiddler TOC+. There you can see the
new-here buttons displayed after each toc item. There is also a separate
toc for tracking my progress, which I don't want showing in the first toc
tiddler you saw, which is more for printing and display.

Click on any of the items under 'The authorship of James' and you will also
see how I am presenting content. I have the text boxes in a stamping tool,
and it also stamps the bibliographic data that I input at the beginning of
the session in the tiddler $:/.noteslam/stamps/currently.reading.

This is too convoluted and complicated for an adaptation or edition. No one
but me would probably want to do this in this way. But I thought you all
might like to see it. This is kind of the end result for me of the
experimenting I did with Noteslam, which several of you helped me with
along the way.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1b3414b8-e362-4d7f-a834-e35f44682872%40googlegroups.com.